A Ethiopian Airlines informa:
ET Refund & Rebooking COVID Policy – Tour Code HDQ433H
Relaxed Refund & Rebooking Policy by Ethiopian Airlines (Revised, March 29,2021)
This policy is applicable for Passengers holding ET document (071), which have been issued/to be issued (Sales) on/before May 31,2021 for ticketed bookings(travel) between 01 March 2020 to June 30, 2021 due to COVID-19 Pandemic & the following options are available.
Date Change Fee
- One-time free date change is allowed.
Change requests can be performed through the Ethiopian Airlines sales offices, Global Call Center, and the agencies from which the ticket was purchased.
- for any travel which was affected by COVID-19 & refundable tickets which were issued on/before December 31,2020; full refund will be processed.
- For tickets being issued on/after January 01, 2021; refunds will be governed by the fare rule.
- Non-refundable tickets are non-refundable and good for travel only.
All other rules will be per the fare/system rule.
For flights cancelled by the airline, please use the service recovery policy of the company.
While involuntary re-routing tickets, please consider the following:
- The RBD in which inventory is booked should be the same as specified in the Protection Agreement or Protection terms under Special Prorated Agreement (SPA).
- Where the RBD is not available, the lowest available RBD should be booked.
- The compartment class in which inventory is booked should be the same or lower compartment class as the original flight segment where this is available.
- Upgrading to a higher compartment class shall not occur unless specifically permitted by the New Operating Carrier as bilaterally agreed in advance.
- Codeshare and Charter flights cannot be used to book inventory.
- This is limited to events that occur on the day of departure of the first impacted flight, or the day before.
- Bookings must be made within 48 hours of scheduled departure of the New Operating Carrier’s first affected flight.
- Ticket has to be marked “INVOL REROUTE” in the endorsements box.
Special Guideline for UK bound flights (LHR/MAN) – Tour Code 529A
Following the temporarily flight bans imposed by UK Governments effective from March 19,2021; please do not involuntarily reroute LHR/MAN destined passengers using OALs as involuntarily rerouting is like buying a new ticket to the passengers and ET will pay out-of-pocket money to the receiving carrier.
The new restriction is totally beyond the control of ET & doesn’t require involuntarily rerouting. However, the below options are available to passengers:
- They can keep the ticket open until the removal of the new restrictions & re-instatement of our flights. Free date changes are permitted within the ticket validity and within the same season of travel, booking class and routing. Any additional charges due to fare class difference apply.
- For fully unutilized tickets issued for travel to/from UK (LHR/MAN) for travel until 31st May 2021, our valued passengers are entitled to get full refund without applying any refund penalties.
For partially utilized tickets apply the applicable fare rule for refund or for non-refundable tickets, lowest applicable one-way fare to be deducted and any residual unused amount refunded.
- Per the new regulation, British or Irish Nationals, or passengers having residence rights in the UK, can enter. Thus, rebooking to nearest ET European online gateway will be possible with Same RBD per the original ticket on ET flights. For sector between EU-ET online points & UK, will be per the below SPA amount. The SPA amount must be collected. If there is any additional taxes, it needs to be collected as well. ET European gateways are considered as: ATH, BRU, FRA, MAD, FCO, MIL, OSL, CDG, STO, VIE, IST.
Kindly find the link for the SPA amount & use the excel FEB 2021 B.
N.B. Any local customer protection law, DOT, EU, ICPA, DGCA, & Brazil regulations supersedes & have precedence over this policy.